So, Kid President made this graphic of my words and it might be the best Christmas present for a full-blown narcissist like myself. It comes from something that I said in an interview with CNN’s Kelly Wallace and can be read here. But it’s pretty much cribbed from something GK Chesterton wrote that I have always believed. “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
Anyway. Christmas is quickly approaching and we are driving to Denver to see my family. A trip that might kill us. So, we will see how much I even update this blog. I hope you all get to spend some time offline listening to your children whine for more cookies, which is what the baby Jesus wanted when he was born this week on Hanukkah and fought the Maccabees with his fists of fire.
Here are some links:
- Ayn Rand reviews kids movies. I did not write this. I am not smart enough. This is Mallory Ortberg, hilarious person and your future ruler.
- On the NYT online talking about the naughty list.
- On Mom.me explaining that Santa et al are just creepy. Deal with it.
- I also have some really super awesome, helpful tips about handling the holidays. Like going dead inside.
- And I really, really, don’t want my daughter writing for the internet.
- I wrote about our church for the wonderful site Killing the Buddha.
Merry Holidays! Thanks everyone for being so nice to me this week and for reading this dumb site and reading the things I write. I really appreciate it so very much. It means the world to know that the thing you love means something to someone else. Or is at least good for a hate read or two.